Art Fair Report: TEFAF New York Spring 2018
Hauser & Wirth
- sold Philip Guston's Forms on Rock Ledge from 1979 for $ 5.5million
- sold two works by Josef Albers - one for $ 1.8million and one for $700,000
- the gallery also sold several works by Giorgio Morandi for undisclosed prices
Peter Freeman Inc.
- had a Roy Lichtenstein from 1973 (Things on a Wall) in his trompe-l'oeil themed booth, for an asking price of $ 6.5million
Helly Nahmad Gallery
- had a Jean Arp at $ 1.5million, a Max Ernst at $ 12million, a Joan Miró at $ 15million and a Fernand Léger at $ 15million.
- had a booth dedicated to two artists: John Currin and Bride Marden.
No sales were revealed, but the Currin paintings were apparently in high demand and had an asking price of around $ 3million each.
- sold a ceramic work by Mary Corse for $450,000 and a Carmen Herrera sculpture for $450,000
- had a Pierre Bonnard landscape priced at $ 18million
More impressions from TEFAF NY:
TEFAF New York NY spring 2018